Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Monologue

It should have been me.
I should’ve been the one to take that bullet.
She wasn’t supposed to die. Why do these things happen to me? To us? Why?
It wasn’t supposed to end like this.
We were just having a good time in the park.
Everything was… normal.
As it should have been.
Just two best friends having fun as we shouted and hollered on the monkey bars, up and down the swings.
And then just like that, my best friend was gone.
Forever.
I remember the moment right before she was shot.
‘I wish things would stay just like this. Perfect,’ she told me.
I agreed as I heard the gunshot and saw my best friend fall to the floor.
We should have never moved to this country.
If we had never met, she wouldn’t have been in the park that day.
But God chose this.
Funny how destiny works right?
But not so funny when a person who you loved dearly is now gone forever.
I want to die too; I can’t imagine a life without her.
But for her, I will try.
For both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment